Monday, May 8, 2017

2 Nights in Bangkok

The Parliament Building

For an aspiring travel blogger, traveling for free is a rare opportunity, so when it does come, don't look the other way and just grab it. It might be your ticket in bridging connections with other travelers and also to other travel destinations in the future. 


Free travel does not come easy. It requires diligence and hard work. Several months ago, I searched the internet for any home based job that might fit my qualifications. It was a tiresome and  complicated  thing to do because some online job offers are bogus. At first I did some research work and joined several online writing contests. It was a lackluster performance but things  changed when an ads and travel company asked me to submit a travel essay, I knew that this would be the start of something new for me. After several weeks, I got an email invitation for a 3D2N trip to Bangkok with free round trip tickets and hotel accommodations. The trip is not a walk in the park leisure kind of thing. I have to comply with certain restrictions that comes with the free trip like no selfies and time management among others but I don't have any complains. Remember, this trip is free! 

Working while traveling is within my grasp but I knew I have a long ways to go. So I keep on reading inspirational travel stories of other travel bloggers and writers who failed at first but succeeded and learn from their experiences. 


from Ninoy International Airport Manila to Suvarnabhumi International Airport Bangkok.


Wat Pho temple






The Golden Buddha



 Coins to be dropped in the jars inside the temple.

The reclining Buddha



mode of transportation in Bangkok, from top left, the motorized Tuk-tuk, top right, the BTS Skytrain and MRT underground light train, center, metered taxis.

Just a stone's throw away from Novotel, you will find this food stall that sells delicious pandan and egg cakes.


 Luxury car showroom at Siam Paragon Mall.

Bangkok at night from the 9th floor of Novotel.

And what a way to end the day.

Until my next trip, see you on Tara... Let's go!




2 comments:

  1. Love it. Wish to have the same experience. Good luck on your next journey. :)

    ReplyDelete