Monday, March 27, 2017

Travel Writing Contest

My Entry to the World Nomads Travel Writing Scholarship Contest




World Nomads, a travel insurance and safety services  provider recently held a travel writing scholarship contest to all aspiring travel writers. Contestants must choose a category and write their own story. They also must explain in writing why they should be the scholarship recipient and what winning this contest mean to them. There will be 3 winners, 1 for each category and all three will receive free flights. travel writing workshop, a trip to the Balkans, travel insurance, adventure apparel and train pass while exploring the Balkans.  

So I did grab the opportunity and sent them my entry under the category "A Place I'll Never Forget" and the title of which is "Define Paradise. Paradise is Palawan". Here is an excerpt from my entry.

There are many unforgettable places  I’ve been to that reminded me of my childhood and adult life. From a visit to the dentist’s clinic to a trip to the city zoo or from my first voyage on a ship to my first flight on a plane, these are places that brought  fear, apprehension and excitement into me. But as I grow more mature and independent, I’ve learned to appreciate more  the beauty of nature and what it has to offer and traveling became one of my priorities. And the place that I traveled to that stood out is my trip to Palawan province in the Philippines".

"When you are in Palawan, you will see paradise with your own eyes, you will feel paradise with your body and you will say Wow! This is paradise! with your own words. It is indeed a place you can call home away from home. And if I am to define paradise? I will say paradise is Palawan. A place worth going back to. A place I will never forget".

To read  the complete story, visit this link http://scholarships.travel/writing17/define-paradise-paradise-is-palawan-3

I am hopeful the judges will take notice of my story thus giving me the opportunity to further improve my skills and also giving me the chance of course to travel the Balkans.






No comments:

Post a Comment